Parfumerie by Miklos Laszlo
- Written in Hungarian in 1937, called Illatszertar
- "Just days before Christmas, George’s boss fires him after mistakenly suspecting him to be the lover of his unfaithful wife. Meanwhile, George’s own love life goes awry when he discovers that the stranger he has fallen in love with through a secret correspondence is none other than Amalia Balash, a co-worker with whom he constantly feuds. For the employees of the parfumerie, only the truth can lead to a happy resolution in this old-fashioned, romantic Christmas tale." (www.playscripts.com)
- The play follows almost an exact storyline to that of She Loves Me, with a few name changes and somewhat denser dialogue.
- The play inspired the film The Shop Around The Corner
- The play and the film both inspired the creation of She Loves Me